Milwaukee mandolin orchestra
For the first time in our history, the MMO will be giving two performances for our spring concert. The first will be at the beautiful church of St Andrews in Madison on May 5th at 2pm. The second will be on May 6th in the cozy Plymouth Church in Milwaukee at 4pm.
The concerts will feature:
- Peer Gynt Suite (Grieg)
- Oblivion (Piazzolla - with accordion)
- Suite in d Minor (Handel)
- Tancredi (Rossini)
- A number of gems from the mandolin orchestra heyday of the early 1900's.
- Saturday, May 5, 2:00 pm - in Madison
- St. Andrew's Church (1833 Regent St; Madison)
- Sunday, May 6, 4:00 pm - in Milwaukee
- Plymouth Church (2717 E Hampshire St; Milwaukee)
Both May concerts will feature world-famous classical guitarist Rene Izquierdo, the MMO's Music Director.
- Sunday, June 17, 11:30a -12:30p
- Lakefront Festival of the Arts (Milwaukee Art Museum)
- Saturday, Sept 15, 1:30pm - Lynden Sculpture Garden
- Back to one of Milwaukee's hidden gems - a favorite MMO gig site!
- Saturday, January 26, 2019 - 7:00pm
- An evening of the Music that Made Milwaukee Famous, at the South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center. With special guests Misha Litvin and Stas Venglevski, and Robin Pluer.